Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Some Spike It Hot

When I was in the 8th grade, I played on the Skyview Middle School girls' volleyball team.   That team went 0-10 for the season, and left me with an aversion to team sports that has lasted until now.  Naturally, when I was asked by a friend of my mom's to play on their rec league volleyball team, I was a little apprehensive.  However, I decided to join.  This team was called "Some Spike It Hot" and played on Tuesday nights at a local bar.  Our final tournament was last night, and I'm a little embarassed (or proud?) to report that I have maintained a perfect volleyball record - that's right, I am 0-19 for lifelong volleyball games.  It was still a fun time and I definitely plan on trying again next season!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, I have watched it, but never tried to play myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, you name should have been Jinx instead of what it is maybe?

    ReplyDelete