Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Winter is Coming

This weekend I got my first taste of New York snow.  Luckily, it was just a small amount and it didn't stick.  Still, it was enough to make me dread the upcoming winter.


Over the past few days I've been busy raking up the leaves that are falling.  We have an acre lot with 10+ mature trees on it.  The trees are great in summer and provide a lot of shade, but now it seems that they have endless leaves. Raking is a lot of work, so this weekend I plan to mow over the rest of the leaves and mulch them.


After our taste of winter last weekend, I decided that I needed to stock up on everything I'll need to make it through the winter.  I ordered a set of Carhartt quilted bib overalls (in pink!) and a pair of snow boots.  The boots are rated down to -32 F...Hopefully that will be enough.


Some days I wish that I could go live with my sister in Phoenix where it never snows.  What are you doing to prepare for winter?

1 comment:

  1. Let's hope -32 is enough! This is a good reason to live on the prairie where the winds blows and trees don't grow.

    ReplyDelete